Thursday, October 13, 2005

Film course

Next week I'm starting up an intensive film course, at the end of which I'll have a short film to show for it. I've currently got a ton of footage that I shot during the summer of 2004 back in Amman which desperately needs to be revisited and sorted out. My plan at this point, though, is to ignore all that footage for a bit longer and concentrate on my technical skills during the course.

So now I'm stuck with figuring out what to do for the short film (we're supposed to come to the first class with a script or at least an idea.) Right now, I'm thinking about doing something on Samer, but I'm still not sure what, really. Today I need to get planning.

The great aspect of filmmaking, in my mind, is that it is so free. I love the idea that I can patch together images, play around with music and end up with a story from my own unique viewpoint. The thought of slaving around with words for an eternity--because that's always how it is for me--is too high of an art for me to master and, besides, I'm way too lazy. Writing narrative is much too intimidating, but film--hey, I think it's something I can do.

2 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Someone there said...

you're good!

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Amineh said...

Amanda, where are you taking your film class? I am willing to chat about film and such since it is my passion as well. I have a very short film idea myself, a fun narrative for a change, which is awaiting to be written and filmed. Let me know! Glad to have you guys in town and looking forward to getting to know you and your family.
Regards. Amineh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home