Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Shooting Samer and Ghassan

Last night in film class we did the first shoot with Samer and Ghassan, and it went quite well. Neither of them was as nervous as I'd feared--in fact, they were remarkably at ease despite all the people, lights and equipment--and some interesting stuff came out in the interview.

It was very encouraging to see the group's positive response to the topics the guys brought up (the transition to becoming more of an individual in the States, their take on whether the freedom they discovered in the US is truly what they thought it was, etc.) since for me it was pretty preliminary stuff. Hopefully, the subject matter will interest people as much as I'd like it to.

It's also very cool to get to start learning how to work with lights and a better camera. My idea of filming before was just to grab my little Sony, try to find decent light somewhere and film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home