Thursday, December 08, 2005

Cutting through the crap

You've just gotta love Maureen Dowd. I don't even have a t.v. and just the little bits and pieces of Bush and Cheney's voices I hear on NPR about bring me to a full-on stroke every time. How do they manage to pretend they take what they're saying seriously (e.g., "we don't engage in torture")? Geez, how do they keep from cracking up?

Dowd's got a great way of stripping all the nonsense down and relieving me from feeling like I'm the only person out there listening who just doesn't get it and is crazy for not buying it. Check her latest out here. It's hilarious.

1 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Amanda!

I love Maureen Dowd, too. I'm going to subscribe to the New York Times today since you can no longer access her stuff online without a subscription. Gotta have my doses of her and Paul Krugman!

Your blog is quite interesting. Here's a link to mine (not as politically-oriented, but....): http://williamcatherine.typepad.com

Cheers,
Callie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home