Sunday, December 11, 2005

Osama BL's boyhood

I have a feeling this is going to be a week of lame posts. My computer's souped up and ready to edit my film, and I've been sitting for hours parked in front of it, oblivious to the rest of the world. Don't think I'll end up writing much.

Today I read this article in the New Yorker about Osama Bin Laden's high school years and his induction into a Muslim Brotherhood-esque worldview. It proved to be a worthwhile read. Check it out.

Tomorrow evening I'm headed to see Jonathan Raban speak at the lovely new Seattle Public Library. When I first moved to Seattle, I read his novel Waxwings and thoroughly enjoyed it. He'll be reading tomorrow from his new book, My Holy War: Dispatches from the Home Front. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm just going to pop a picture up of Seattle's cool new library by architect Rem Koolhaas. I've also noticed a number of other brilliantly designed buildings downtown lately. Some might say the architecture here is getting to be quite worldclass. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home