Thursday, January 26, 2006

Extra ears

Bush is making a valiant effort to let everyone know just how important his domestic spying program is. "What's the big fuss about, anyway?" he's asking. And I have to say I'm a little shocked people are surprised it's been going on. I had assumed this was standard practice. It might not be legal, and it's a stretch of executive powers, but that's never a problem for these guys.

Perhaps Samer and I should refrain from referring to him as a mutakhallef in future conversations with my in-laws back in Amman.

Here are a couple of pieces I came across on the subject today: an editorial from the Washington Post and a New York Times article on Bush's feel-good trip to the National Security Agency today to commend them on a job well done. Of course, he'd have to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home