Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Update

I've been running around so much of late that I haven't even mentioned last Saturday's screening. It went really well. At least, judging from the enthusiastic response, it seems people really liked my flick. Up until the screening, I had spent a day and a half of ironing out weird technical details, so I wasn't totally sure the film would project all the way through without any glitches. I was a ball of nerves up until it played all the way through--and, of course, the instructor had to keep it for last to prolong my pain. It was such a relief that everything was fine.

I heard reports from throughout the screening room that people were pulling out their hankies and that the film brought them to tears. In fact, Stacey, who was sitting next to me, bummed a tissue from me early on and was wiping her eyes. I didn't pay it much mind at the time since I was sitting on pins and needles assuming the audio was going to go out at any second (it didn't, thank the good Lord), but I guess Ala's music layered over the dreamy Amman scenes got people a little emotional.

The feedback was great--and kind of confirmed my suspicion that people would not have a problem with the way I arranged the film's different sections. Except now I'd love to show it to more people to get as much feedback as possible.

The weekend was also really special because my good ol' friend Nancy--who I'd been out of touch with for 13 years!--came and spent time with us. It was excellent to hang out, and the amazing thing is that it seemed like it had been no time at all since we were sitting around playing cards with the little delinquent twerps at the Boys and Girls Club. Yep, that's how we know each other--we spent many a long afternoon playing Euchre and basketball those months before I shipped off to Cameroon.

Issy's been a ball of excitement these past few days. Friday's his 3rd birthday, and he's been marching around the house in his party hat singing happy birthday to himself. We've made cupcakes for his pre-school class to devour tomorrow and have planned a party for Saturday. Not to mention, we got a surprise phone call from Grandma today, informing us that she's flying in tomorrow morning for the big day. Plus, she's staying a whole week, which means Samer and I are gonna be doing some heavy dating.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Laith said...

amanda

can i get a copy? would like to have a look at it.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Ajnabeeyeh said...

Absolutely. I need to mess around a bit with audio and color correction, so in a few weeks. Email me with your address and stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home