Monday, March 27, 2006

In over my head

We left a whole ton of books back in Amman, figuring we wouldn't have much space here in Seattle. Instead of buying books here, I request books through the library system and pick them up at my library a few blocks away.

Usually, when I request a book, there's quite a huge line of people ahead of me with dibs on it. Like 300+, on average. However, after spending the past 3 months without anything coming in, in the past 2 weeks I've been deluged with the following books:

Torch, by Cheryl Strayed (which I'm reading)
Arthur and George, by Julian Barnes
Never Let Me Go, Kazuo Ishiguro
The Hungry Tide, Amitav Ghosh

Also, Robert Fisk's humongous new tome came in with something else I don't even remember what it was, and I just didn't bother since I knew I wouldn't have the time. And on Saturday I was notified that Twilight of the Superheroes is now waiting for me.

What the heck?! It's all too much for me and I'm bummed I don't have the time to get to all of them. Perhaps I'll have to start purchasing stuff after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home