Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Caffeine and more caffeine

Back to work in Jordan means continually buzzed. If I had a nickel for each time I was offered coffee or tea in meetings today, I'd be pretty well off.

Oh, if only I could talk about the work I'm doing. There's too much to say, and most of it depressing.

Speaking of depressing, this bombing in Dahab business is too much. I mean, these people visitng Dahab are wannabe hippees, for Pete's sake. They wouldn't harm a fly. Which means I'm going to have to skip our planned trip to Basata. The Sinai's too insane. . .

Oh, and more depressing: I had a meeting today at the Sisterhood is Global Institute, which is located in our old house in Jebel Weibdeh. My garden's been trashed and the interior has been completely uglified in that inimitable Jordanian manner. I'm just going to stop here, because I don't think I can think about it much more. Believe me, you have to work hard to make a place that hideous.

4 Comments:

At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marhaba I like to write you an email. I am a german student doing a trainee for some months in jordan. I just working on a magazine which collects impressions from people from jordan or about Jordan.

Your story about your house in Jabal Weibdah sounds interesting.

Thanks Anja
E-mail to Anja.Hendel@gmx.de

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marhaba I like to write you an email. I am a german student doing a trainee for some months in jordan. I just working on a magazine which collects impressions from people from jordan or about Jordan.

Your story about your house in Jabal Weibdah sounds interesting.

Thanks Anja
E-mail to Anja.Hendel@gmx.de

 
At 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anja Hendel said...

Marhaba I like to write you an email. I am a german student doing a trainee for some months in jordan. I just working on a magazine which collects impressions from people from jordan or about Jordan.

Your story about your house in Jabal Weibdah sounds interesting.

Thanks Anja
E-mail to Anja.Hendel@gmx.de

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Pheras said...

Basata is a great place, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. It's a quiet village and very far off almost anything. Plus the lady there is very nice and helpful. Though I strongly advise you to avoid the huts because they're disgusting. Go for the bungalows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home