Thursday, April 06, 2006

"Free Zone"

I just came across a movie review for the new film "Free Zone," which is set in one of Jordan's economic free zones and appears to be a tale of Israeli/Jewish and Arab understanding. Directed by Amos Gitai and starring Natalie Portman and Hiam Abbass, it tells the story of an American Jew and an Israeli who venture into Jordan and interact with the character Abbass plays. I'm mildly interested, by only mildly after reading the NYTimes review.

I wasn't too thrilled, either, when I read that Leila's (Abbass) farm is randomly discovered to have been "set on fire by Palestinian militants, including Leila's angry stepson, who reviles her for her modern ways."

Oh barf. I'm really getting tired of waiting to see some non-terrorist associated portrayals of Palestinians. Geez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home