Sunday, April 30, 2006

Our x-rated tendencies

So here we are sitting in the outside garden with Issy playing on his jerry-rigged bike and a few visitors: Samer’s mom’s friend, her Sri Lankan dog handler and a dog named Coochie.

Ok, forgive me my snideness, but I couldn’t help but cringe when I saw the entourage walking up. It’s kind of vintage drag-your-Sri Lankan-everywhere to do all those difficult things like walk your dog, etc. But Coochie—the name’s just too much.

We’ve been saying things like, “Issy, touch Coochie. Doesn’t it feel good?” and “Do you like Coochie?” We’re obviously getting a big kick out of it.

2 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Gafgafa said...

Apart from the comedic entourage and the slave mentality of (I assume) a self-professed educated elite in Jordan (as in Anglo India other places), there is a very tragicomedy aspect to this story.

A few meters, or kilometers away is some Jordanian who would dream of being this woman's dog - the comfortable life, quality food, personal attention, travel too I assume, and a handler especially to look after your needs.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Bliss said...

that is hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home