Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My news

Yes. I am back. And I'm just going to go ahead and say it: I'm pregnant. Been feeling pretty subhuman for the past month and still have another month of it to go. Can hardly wait.

It's getting hot and miserable here in Amman, my work's pretty much all finished up and I have a feeling I'm going to be hanging out in the A/C as much as possible these days. Which means I have no real excuse (besides my continuous need to barf) to be as offline as I have been.

So for starters, I'm going to pop up the Seattle Times article Samer just sent my way that mentions my film, "In the Land of the Free?" which screened at the Folklife Festival over the weekend. The writer called it "superb," which I think is a bit much--and I'm also questioning his judgment since he didn't say a single thing about Samer's art that was hanging up as part of the festival exhibit. Oh well, I'll take a compliment when I can get one, I suppose.

10 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger ticklethepear said...

Congrats and long distance hugs!

 
At 3:50 AM, Anonymous Rebecca said...

Alf Mabrook! May your new baby bring you years of blessings!

PS. What's with the husband leaving you to go halfway around the world? Poor timing (or maybe very good) on his part! Ya haram!

 
At 4:56 AM, Anonymous sabri said...

Mabrook

 
At 6:41 AM, Anonymous kinzi said...

Mabruuk, ya Amanda!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Natasha said...

alf mabrook:-) This is excellent news:-)

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations........

This is Fantastic News....

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Luai said...

Congrats. And Best Wishes.

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous imad said...

Congrats on both!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger lulu said...

Congratulations, Amanda! How exciting about the baby! I hope you get over the nausea soon..
Is there any way I can get a copy of your film to show at a monthly film series event that I am a part of here in Southern Cali? I am a member of the ADC chapter here, and we do a monthly film showing to raise awareness (usually ends up being anywhere between 20 - 80 people attending). Let me know! Thanks!

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Amanda: THis is Khader. I hope it is Ok I am writting you here. I am worried about Samer's Father and I thought you may have soem news for me. I don't have you home number. Can you call me.

Khader: K1safi@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home